About Life in the Tech Lab
Life in the Tech Lab is an attempt by Phil Biggs to share the ideas he has developed and uses in his job as a K - 6 Technology Lab Instructor at St. Thomas School in Medina, Washington. After three years at St. Thomas, I have returned to public schools, serving as the Technology TOSA for the Lake Stevens School District. This is an exciting position in an exciting district that really wants to use technology to improve and enhance learning in every classroom.
I have worked at the district level for many years:
- Rangely Public Schools: District Technology Coordinator, 4 years
- Greeley Public Schools: District Instructional Technology Specialist: 4 years
- Kenai Peninsula Borough School District: Director of Instructional Technology, 7 years
- Everett Public Schools: District Instructional Technology Specialist, 7 years
- St. Thomas School: Education Technology Coordinator / Instructor, 3 years
- Lake Stevens School District: Technology TOSA, present job
My main job responsibilities have been to:
- Create long term strategic plans for the use of Instructional Technology
- Design, develop and implement district wide staff development for Instructional Technology. This included traditional workshops, online training, webinars, and a host of just-in-time training tutorials.
- Evaluate and purchase software, hardware and services.f
- Represent the instructional needs of teachers and students in all technical discussions and decisions to ensure the most effective and least intrusive solutions.
- Worked with developers to build custom solutions for instructional and professional development needs.
For more information, contact me by email at: